Brian Cook: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Interview with Brian Cook (7)
| || || |
|Sunil || || Tell me, if you had to do it over, is there anything that you would have done differently? Any lessons learned that you would share with a new e-book author? |
|Brian || || I would have made my first information product one, which was capable of commanding a higher price ($60+). Thus raising my bid cap on keywords and, of course, increasing my net! |
I would also have focused on a target market that still had reasonable keyword bidding prices. (How do people afford to bid in the top 3 for "web hosting"! Yikes!)
Finally, I would have set up a better method of tracking my affiliate links in the e-book, such as with ROIBot. That way, I would have a better measure of my marketing efforts.
|Sunil || || Thanks Brian, I think this has been a very interesting interview and a great story. Final question: What are you plans for the future? |
|Brian || || My short-term goal is to generate enough income through my online business to support my family quite comfortably! I plan to focus on two main areas: e-book sales and income from affiliate programs that I belong to. |
In terms of e-books, I plan to continue building The Songwriter's Guide website by:
Future e-Book titles in consideration for the Songwriter's Guide series are:
- updating the existing e-book on a regular basis
- adding new e-Books (both for sale and for free)
- selling related affiliate products (such as Muzikbiz Master, http://muzikbiz.cjb.net
- possibly offering items such as coffee mugs and mouse pads through my own store
In terms of affiliate programs, I will continue promoting my affiliate web pages primarily through keyword bidding. I also plan to build up my website, www.pcbiz2000.com, as an information source for newbie Internet marketers.
- How to Prepare an Artist Bio/Press Kit
- The Songwriter's Guide to Songwriting Contests
- The Songwriter's Guide to Music Publishers
My long-term goal, however, is to develop a product that provides residual income and takes advantage of the power of using affiliates to promote it. BTW, I'm always interested in hearing from entrepreneurs with ideas along these lines!
Please post any comments that you have:
- Opinions expressed by the interviewees are their own opinions, and
not necessarily those of our company (Answers 2000 Limited).
- A number of the interviewees who appear on this site,
are users of products/services produced by our company
- please note that their opinions, experiences and results, are not
necessarily typical. Their experiences and results may differ from those of
typical users, or from yours.
- With any business, it is up to the individual owner of said business to ensure the success of the business. You may make more or less than any sample figures or results that might be quoted on our web sites or other publications. All business involves risk, and many businesses do not succeed. Further, Answers 2000 Limited does NOT represent that any particular individual or business is typical, or that any results or experiences achieved by any particular individual/business is necessarily typical.